Virtue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons

3 posters

Go down

Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons Empty Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons

Post  v0lten Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 pm

Im going to try to put together a fool-proof how-to on how to install addons for Warhammer. My favorite being Autodismount so far... Addons are a very nice way to make the game more enjoyable and easier, they are not cheats in any way, because developers support them. World of Warcraft has thousands and it enables people to make their experience in the game all the better.

1) Go to War.curse.com - Curse is the most popular addon webpage online, and is very easy to use. Just try to pay attention and make sure you dont accidently try to download a World of Warcraft addon, it wont work. There are not nearly as many addons for WAR as WoW, but Im sure there will be once people start making more of them.

2) For Autodismount, go to the little search box and type in Autodismount. If you want to see what other addons are available, look at some of the 'Hot Downloads' on the main screen to see what other people are downloading.

3) Click Download

4) Click on Manual Install (Ive never tried using the automatic installer and it seems to not be working now)

5) Either Save or Open the file (I like to save all the download zip files in a separate folder in case I ever need to reinstall them)

6) Inside the zip is a single folder (sometimes there will be more). You need to unzip the file into the C:\Program Files\Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning\Interface\Addons folder(which you will need to create the interface\addons part). This is the same for every addon you will download.

In WoW, there was a screen that you could click on in game to enable or disable addons that you wanted or didnt want to use. So far, in WAR, there is no such option. Whatever addons are in the folder will always be working, if you wish to not use it anymore, you must delete the folder.

Thats it, now go test out your addons. Give feedback. And if you find any you really like, share it with the guild. Another one I am waiting for is an automatic mail opener. So when I buy 20 things off the AuctionHouse, it will automatically open all my mail and take all items and then delete the useless messages. (WoW had this addon)....

Edit: It seems someone has made this addon ^^ Its called QuickMailTool.... it requires the addon LibSlash to work properly.
v0lten
v0lten

Back to top Go down

Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons Empty Re: Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons

Post  Nao Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:17 pm

Very nice. Must have imo.
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons Empty Re: Auto Dismount addon - And a how to to install addons

Post  slarith Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:30 pm

Def need to get that. Was getting so annoying cause i'm use to WoW autodismount, and i kept getting hit first instead :/
slarith
slarith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down