Virtue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sever Type Poll

5 posters

Go down

If you were playing Warhammer by yourself, what type of server would you be playing on?

Sever Type Poll Bar_left0%Sever Type Poll Bar_right 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sever Type Poll Bar_left100%Sever Type Poll Bar_right 100% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Sever Type Poll Empty Sever Type Poll

Post  Avian Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:01 am

I want everyone's opinion on what type of server we should make our home on.

The current rulesets for servers are:

Open; Allows everyone to pvp freely so long as your are in your level bracket. Mythic is still figuring out how these servers are going to fully operate. It sounds like they are still going to keep the Chicken system on these servers. Josh (a Mythic dev) said the easiest way they came up with, was to just flag everyone for RvR all the time and keep the level brackets implemented.
Note: This ruleset is subject to change.

Core RvR; More concentrated on RvR instead of ganking. You must flag yourself for RvR before anyone from the other faction can attack you. You are automatically flagged for RvR once you enter a RvR area, this includes Scenarios and Open world RvR.
Note: This was the ruleset we all played in Preview Weekend.

Here is Current VN thread with Mark Jacobs of Mythic discussing the rulesets and players feedback etc. Mark Jacobs of EA Mythic
Avian
Avian
Admin

https://virtue.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sever Type Poll Empty Re: Sever Type Poll

Post  Nao Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:05 am

The rule set we played with over the weekend worked great . We did our RVR when we wanted to. It appears to be a good sytem and apparently is working "as intended". There are obviously some more facts and issues that need to be considered that im not sure we know all the ins and outs about. Link added to Avian's post.

-Nao

Last edited by Nao on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Avian Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:15 am

I'm not trying to lay down the law on the server before we know all the details yet. As I posted in the thread, I know these rulesets will most likely get tweeked, I'm just trying to get a sense of where everyone stands on rulesets.
I'm really a fan of PvP rulesets. But after this weekend, and seeing how the Keep Sieges and the Core RvR ruleset works in opposition to WoW/AoC's PvP servers, I really enjoyed being able to quest when I wanted to quest and RvR when I wanted to RvR.
Avian
Avian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:22 am

But very well worth Discussing while we have time. I would hate to pick another shit server like on AoC. PvP server was cool and all, but to much bullshit at times when you really didn't want to deal with any. I want, as Avian has expessed, to PvP when i WANT and Quest when i WANT. Not be forced to do either at times i don't wish to be . Because that just pisses me off. We get 12 people together to do a lil raid, next thing you know were wasting 45 mins PvP. Blah and fuck that.

-Nao

Last edited by Nao on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:34 am

The good thing about the Core Rvr server is the fact that you can flag for RVR whenever you want. If you see someone somewhere they shouldn't, you can flag yourself and go kill that guy. When flagged, you character outline actually changes colors. When unflagged, you are orange. Flagged, you are red. I have personally experienced this situation where a shadow hunter was roaming around a pq in the tier 2 area. I tried to attack him but I couldn't. I turned on my RvR flag (instant cast) and he changed from oj to red. I started to attack him and he immediately retreated for half of the next zone. That was until he thought he was gonna take me out. And his death took 1/10th the time it took to chase him.
Sporak
Sporak

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:44 am

From what i have been seeing it will take Order more "order" to topple the brutal forces of Destruction. That guy should have continued to run. However, it brings up a question. You flagging allowed you to attack him even though he wasn't flagged ? Or was he flagged and you weren't, hence you had to flag to attack? Imo if a person is flagged to "be attacked" you shouldnt have to flag to attack them, but attacking them should auto flag you. Perhaps im confused or there is a function im just not seeing here.

-Nao
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Avian Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am

In PW you were free to attack anyone that was flagged even if you weren't. Attacking them would auto flag yourself, and if you didn't attack them they would not be able to attack you until you flagged yourself or attacked them.

So no you didn't misunderstand.
Avian
Avian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 am

Ok cool . That is more clear now and thank god. At 4 am my mind starts getting all fucked from boredom and apparently my comprehension skills start to diminish.

-Nao
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Attacking does not auto-flag yourself. And I believe there is at least 2 reasons for this. 1) you have to make a conscience decision to RvR. There will be no accidental flagging with this system. 2) Flagging yourself gives your opponent a chance to react. Its kind of like bowing before a duel. Flagged people are immediate threats/targets as opposed to those that are not.

Dave
Sporak
Sporak

Back to top Go down

Post  Selenea Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 am

I do not want to have what happens in AOC happen in WH. I would rather not be on a RVR only server if I had the choice as I cannot stand to have unwanted RVR interrupt my playing.

Selenea / Zelya / Etc...
Selenea
Selenea
Admin

http://www.sandiespringer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:01 am

<3 Zel
Sporak
Sporak

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:25 am

No.. i love Zel!
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:06 pm

/raises bullshit flag
Sporak
Sporak

Back to top Go down

Post  Arle Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 pm

I want the choice to PvP or PvE to be mine so I vote for the Core RvR server...
Arle
Arle

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:37 pm

TOPIC CLOSED WERE GOING CORE.
Nao
Nao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content