Post  Sporak on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:31 am

You are a sexy beast!
Razz
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I love Dave

Post  Nao on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:59 am

There you go talking in thrid person again . FYI were going Order.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:23 am

LOL, pretty sure you're name is Dave as well, silly. I know you're going Order. I was just hoping that you might change your mind before launch. My DoK was the most dominating char everywhere I went. Always in the top 3 for deathblows and damage dealt in every scenario I joined. I was also able to run him solo in the open field with ease. MDPS couldn't kill me and squishies were dead before they knew what class I was. Only classes from Order that seem strong to me are Archmage and rifle Engineer. While Sorc (highest DPS in game), Chosen, DoK, and Zealot are really strong for Destruction.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avian on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:52 am

*Waves hands in air and yells "Rally for Destruction!"

Vote for Destruction
Avian
Admin

View user profile http://virtue.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 am

The classes of both sides are supposed to have an opposite class on the opposing realm. This is true, however, they are not carbon copies by any means. The DoK and the WP are very similar classes. Both are healing types that rely on MDPS to generate a pool of points which they expend when healing. They can both use 1h weapons and an OH item to boost their heaing powers. The both have an armor factor buff their entire group. But that's where they stop being alike. The WP is definitely more towards healing and the DoK is more towards damage. After carefully comparing all of the available spells between both classes, http://war.mmoguildsites.com/career_planner/disciple_of_khaine, I believe that the WP is kind of worthless. His dps isn't high enough to matter, and his heals are only good if he's a standoff player. In which case, the WP will run out of points to spend on healing. So if you insist on Order, I will just play Archmage and play him like CC healer in DAoC.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avian on Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:27 am

Yeah, my post was suppose to express me leaning towards Destruction. My only fear that is stopping me from making it a bigger deal and posting a poll on the topic is that I believe Order is going to be outnumbered 9 times out of 10. Which will require us to use tactics and efficient strategies to win, thus making us evolve our tactics and become the better players while our counterparts on the opposing faction are getting worse, lazy and more dependent on each other to survive.
I fight for the under dog and don't enjoy being able to wipe the apposing faction based off of sheer numbers.

A side note: I wasn't the person that made the decision on rolling Order so maybe the person who did can have their mind swayed... You never know till you try.. I trust we will go where the majority wants to go.

Vote for Destruction
Avian
Admin

View user profile http://virtue.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:52 am

Well, unlike DAoC where it was easy to be outnumbered. Each server is supposed to have a population cap per realm. It could be hit or miss on any server for population of a realm. I'm sure there will be more servers with capped destruction over order. However, most of the guilds that were made during the closed beta phase that I have read about were Order. Guilds with over 100 members plus.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:05 am

Remember Myrmidon, Blood, 420 and Tempest. Beta does not say much about a guild. We formed Virtue on beta weekend and im sure if we wanted to we could have dumped random guild invites on hundreds of people we came across without a guild tag and given them one. Seeing how the Virtue name in itself is an appealing name for such a faction as Order. I'm willing to bet we would have done just fine in random people, and pushed our number perhaps into the hundreds. I think we will do just fine in keeping things the way they have been , selective and slowly moving foward. Wherever we go , we'll be fine.

-Nao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:13 am

I totally loved the numbers that we had DAoC. Counting on people like Yellowjacket to be on at certain times. Almost like the l33t guilds that only had 8-10 members, we had consistency and direction. We did, however, lack all of the drama. I think that was a huge plus Very Happy . I only mentioned the numbers of the member base for those guilds because I believe that Order won't be as out-numbered as initially believed. On http://www.road-to-war.com/, almost every state is out-earned by the Destruction; the difference is relatively small though. Totals over a 1 million in gold earned is separated by a couple hundred thousand or 20% and less. With population caps, and the game seemingly balancing before launch (because of class choices or whatever), I don't believe that choosing a realm should be based solely on trying to be in the "underdog" realm. I think it should be based on what we as a guild are comfortable with fielding day in and day out.
Dave, I know you enjoyed the skills of your warrior and I loved my savage. Knowing the other realms' abilities and skills of similar classes, you never tried to get the guild to change realms. There were plenty of people that chose to play all of the realms because they thought they were superior players and could win on any realm. I, however, chose to play Midgard exclusively from day 1 because I enjoyed the lore and I, eventually, built pride for my realm. I currently like the backstory of the Dark Elves over all of the others and it happens to be a coincidence that my favorite class in the game is from that realm.
My allegiance to DoK has nothing to do with the lore/backstory. It has to do with fact that I feel like my savage with waaaay more utility and 1000% more survivabilty. LOL now to completely contrast that... I dislike the High Elf lore more than any other. However, my favorite Order class is the Archmage. After I get to level 40, I'll probably forget about the lore, heh.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:58 am

All very fine points.

-Nao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clod on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am

Sporak dont be a bitch be order.
Clod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabithaa on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:35 am

order Smile flower
Tabithaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:49 pm

how can you play Midgard for years and then play the "pretty" realm of order?
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:58 am

FOR MIDGARD !!!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:25 am

FORTEHREALM!!!!SHIFTONE
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:31 am

Personally i don't care where Virtue ends up , be it Destruction or Order we'll be fine and im sure we'll be right up on top .

-Nao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:43 am

/nod

But I don't like dwarfs.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:52 am

I don't like Orcs, and seeing as i want to play a tank , playing an Orc would suck balls, seeing as you will most likely be playing a caster i don't see a reason for you to have to play a dwarf.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:05 am

I don't even like looking at dwarfs. And well-spec'd chosen can be a devastating hybrid tank.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clod on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:01 am

Remember I started HIB!!! NS FTW!!! I will play either side I am easy like that. I just want everyone to have fun with out the fuckin' drama!!!
Clod

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nao on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:50 am

Jay, Virtue doesn't have drama. I think its been pretty clear in the past, that when drama arises it gets squashed just as fast.

-Nao

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sporak on Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:08 am

I think I can personify that.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabithaa on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Sorry; I was a Hibby Very Happy