To chicken, or not to chicken..

Go down

To chicken, or not to chicken..

Post  Avian on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 am

For those that don't know or didn't experience the chicken in Preview Weekend, the Chicken is a system that puts players into brackets. 1-11, 12-21, 22-31, 32-40. I'm speculating about the numbers, but you get the idea. If you try to attack a player outside of your bracket (aka, griefing) you will be turned into a chicken.

I was browsing around the Warhammer Alliance forums and I came across a thread talking about the chicken mechanic. The poster thought the chicken made the game completely carebear. Since there is no way for 6 level 40s to get together and go to the low level areas to grief players for hours on end apparently that is limiting players freedom.

In my opinion I love this mechanic, it is harsh on players that would otherwise be ruining other players from enjoying their gaming experience. I've never been a fan of grieving or being grieved while trying to quest/rvr.

I want your opinion on this. Do you like the Chicken? Hate the Chicken? Have a differant opinion you'd like to share about the Chicken? Please I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. Thanks for reading and sharing.

Vote for Destruction
Avian
Admin

View user profile http://virtue.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: To chicken, or not to chicken..

Post  Sporak on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 am

I can personally say that this mechanic is in the game now. You have 10 seconds upon enterring the the rvr zone to turn around or be turned into the chicken. If you stay, you are morphed and have 1 hit point. I was lvl 14 and went to the tier 1 skirmish area. I received the warning that something bad was going to happen. 10 seconds later, poof, I was a chicken hopping down the road. I think it's a great feature.
Sporak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabithaa on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 am

i like the chicken idea lol! lol!
Tabithaa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rome on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:06 am

CLuck Cluck is a great idea